At Upside Ventures we are at an exciting point in our growth and we are now excited to be looking for a Venture and Business Development Graduate to help mature this part of our business. This is a great opportunity for you to define the scope of our ventures, working with founding teams to scale concepts from nothing. You will wear many hats to provide guidance and oversight across all aspects of our portfolio's development, with a focus on growth.
Your time will be spent working with our first, and flagship venture as it scales through its investment round helping to build up the team to take the business forward. Cimple is a technology platform transforming the way governments buy across the globe.
This is a 6 month graduate role with the intention to extend to 12 months. The role is flexible working, either remote or within our London office.
Roles and responsibilities of a Venture and Business Development Graduate:
- Work with innovation leads on understanding disruption and acceleration opportunities
- Identify and source funding for ventures
- Facilitate the build and testing of operational processes, systems and reporting capabilities
- Contribute towards the delivery and growth of Business Development within Cimple, with an expectation to support across other ventures as well
- Work with clients to guide them through the procurement process on the platform
- Perform user research activity to better understand our client's needs. Use these findings to help design and develop the product
- Solve complex problems within the Cimple business model and measure results across
- Support the Founding Team throughout the concepts incubation with Upside
- Interest in new business creations and new technology
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and further strengthen relationships
- Passionate about making positive change and improve user experience
- Teamwork skills
- Strategic thinking with an ability to critically question the status quo
- Ability to constantly assess the competitive landscape from a business development perspective
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident talking to clients at all levels of seniority
- Previous experience in some form of leadership in regards to a start-up or venture
- To be comfortable working with technical teams to scope and build out the product
- Have an entrepreneurial flare with a self-starter attitude
If this sounds like you, please apply below!