At Cimple, an Upside Venture, we are at an exciting point in our growth and we are now looking for a VP of Engineering to take hold of the build of Cimple and use their motivation and experience to enhance and propel the platform. We’re looking for someone with extensive experience in software engineering with a keen interest in maturing a new product. The right candidate will be able to use their hands-on engineering experience to take on and propel Cimple, whilst strategically creating an engineering strategy to own going forward.
Cimple is a new marketplace solution aiming to improve how Governments and businesses work together. Our target is to drive savings for the Government and create value for Small & Medium Businesses globally enabling vast social impacts to be achieved out of c.£280bn in the UK, €2tn in Europe and $13tn globally that Governments spend. Government procurement will never be the same again!
Our team has been developing in stealth over the last 24 months and are now looking to expand both technical and commercial roles with our relaunch this year. Some of our core beliefs we are building to are:
- Deliver data-led experiences not work-flow led experiences
- In design develop solutions that are beautifully simple and simply beautiful
- Focus on enabling social value creation across all stakeholders
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly scaling team in a lead role with extensive room for personal growth as the business moves towards its next investment round.
- Optimizing Cimple for maximum speed and scalability;
- Continuously iterating and enhancing Cimple to meet and exceed user expectations;
- Growing the engineering capability for Cimple;
- Ensuring Cimple is of the utmost quality through testing, assurance, risk management and security approaches set by you;
- Ensuring Cimple is accessible and current;
- Participating in our open, diverse team culture;
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team;
- Proactively shaping the growth and direction of the future engineering team for Cimple.
Experience required in the role and for the Cimple platform includes:
- Contributing to the creation of Frameworks for internal use and public availability;
- Testing established architectures patterns or test new concepts;
- Experience searching and experimenting with new architectures in the developer community;
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions;
- Implementing security and data protection;
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance;
- Authentication and authorization methods between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- The management of a hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes;
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting;
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform;
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Experience of code versioning tools, such as Git;
Cimple is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and core to Cimple is creating trust and transparency both for customers using our product and the success of the Cimple team. We are committed to growing a team that is diverse in every aspect, believing that people and services are made better through the individual experiences, backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs of the people who make up our teams.
If this sounds like you, please apply below!